THE VIKINGS' CALL
August 12, 2014
Welcome to the first edition of the Vikings' Call for the 2014-2105 school year. There is much to report prior to the opening of school, so lets get at it:
- School will open for students in grades 1-12 on Thursday, September 4th.
- School for Preschool and Kindergarten will open on Tuesday, September 9th.
- Bus routes will be published on our school website the evening of August 25th.
- We ask for your patience, cooperation and indulgence as we adjust bus routes and stops the first two weeks of September. Transportation is a complicated logistical exercise that requires linear communication. We are relying on our Building Administrators to provide us with valuable information regarding problems as they arise. Confusion usually reins when we get conflicting reports for multiple sources.
- The Superintendent Search Committee has narrowed the field of candidates from 32 to 8. The Preliminary Interview Committee will interview the 8 candidates on September 5th and 6th.
- The plan is to reduce the field further to 3 or 4 candidates with the final selection on or about October 1st.
- We are pleased to announce that we have been able to reinstate the following positions as a result of resignations, the Middle School Instrumental Music teacher, Middle School Guidance Counselor, Central School Art teacher, and High School Librarian.
- High School athletic practices will begin on Monday, August 25th.
- The custodial staff has worked very hard this summer to ensure that all schools are bright and shinny for the arrival of your children.
- All schools will be closed on Friday, August 29th, all day.
John A. Moretti
Superintendent of Schools