Health Services » Parents



Health Forms

Absences -- FAQ's from parents
My child is sick and unable to come to school. What does the school require?
Provide a note signed by a parent and/or guardian each time your child is absent.
What if my child is absent for 3 or more days?
Notify the school nurse by phone or e-mail if your child is out of school for 3 or more days or is under the care of a physician. Also, please send a note stating the general type of illness upon his/her return to school. This will help us track breakouts of illnesses in the school.
What notification is required if my child is absent for 7 or more days?
Provide a physician's certificate for absences of seven(7) or more days. Your child should report to the nurse's office upon his/her return to school.
My child is on activity restrictions due to injury or illness. What documentation do I need for school?Provide written notification from the physician When it is necessary to excuse a child from physical education and/or recess.  The note should clearly detail activity restrictions and identify the date your child will be cleared to resume all activities.
When should my child stay home from school?
  • When your child has a contagious illness such as strep throat, flu, or chicken pox.
  • When your child has had a fever of 100.4 F or above within the past 24 hours.
  • When your child has red/pink eyes or drainage from the eyes.
  • When your child is vomiting, has diarrhea, or is unable to manage his/her secretions.
  • When your child has head lice or nits (In this case the child must be seen by the school nurse before returning to school).  Click Here for Head Lice information.
  • If your child does not have proof of all required immunizations or does not have the required exemption information on file.
My child will need medication administered during school. What should I do?
You may download the necessary forms below. 
You may also stop by the nurse’s office at your child’s school to pick up the forms.
If your child requires any long-term medication administration at school, you will need: 
If your child requires medication for Asthma at school, you will need:
If your child requires medication (Epi-pen) for a life threatening Food Allergy,you will need:
If your child requires medication (Epi-pen) for a life threatening Non-Food Allergy (insect bites, medications, etc.)  you will need:

Completed forms should be returned via US mail, email, or fax to your child's nurse.
Helpful Note:  You may have these forms completed by your physician and returned to school over the summer. However, please do not bring medications until the start of the new school year.